We can’t just talk about God in the abstract, it’s about the particulars. Jesus was always revealing the Gospel through particular people and particular places. That’s why it’s important to know our neighbors and our neighborhood. That’s why we are committed to community and civic engagement. We recognize that we are enriched by others and we want to share our blessings with the Bayou City.
Our building is a space for diverse people to gather, work, and grow. We share a special partnership with Montrose Grace Place, Central City Co-Op, and “At the Movies”. We also provide office space to individuals and groups working for justice and health and we offer event space for concerts, art shows, weddings, and other celebrations.
If you’re interested in making use of this space for your work, wedding, or event, please let us know!
We host local groups like Neighborhood Associations, Alcoholics Anonymous, Transgender Support Groups, and we serve as a polling place on Election Day. Here are some of the regular opportunities:
- DINNER CHURCH with KINDRED @ 5:30 PM in the SANCTUARY
- TRANSGENDER SUPPORT GROUP @ 7:00 PM in the PARLOR
- CENTRAL CITY CO-OP FARMER'S MARKET @ 9AM - 6PM in the FELLOWSHIP HALL
- AA MEETING @ 7 PM in the PARLOR
- MONTROSE GRACE PLACE (drop-in center for homeless youth) @ 5:30PM in the FELLOWSHIP HALL
- MOVIE NIGHT @ 5PM in the FELLOWSHIP HALL
- AA MEETING @ 7PM in the PARLOR
Not familiar with the building? Here's the layout so you can find your next meeting: